BHT's Second Company is seeking male and female actors of all types and ages to audition for several productions to be performed over the course of this season.
Shows that will be auditioning include:
Sylvia by A.R. Gurney (December 7, 13, 14, 15, 2009)
Greg, a man at the brink of midlife, brings home a stray dog named Sylvia. But, as Greg's relationship with Sylvia grows, how will the rest of his life be affected?
- Greg; male, kindhearted man in a midlife crisis, really loves his dog, 30s-60s
- Kate; female, strong-willed English teacher, not a dog person, 30s-60s
- Tom/Phyllis/Leslie; gender/age unspecified
An original piece based on stories heard and reflections upon a summer spent in Aida refugee camp in Bethlehem, Palestine.
- 1-5 men and women of any age
* This show is being produced as a late night and will be performed following another performance, most likely at 10 or 11 PM
Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Christopher Hampton (February 8, 9, 15, 16, 2010)
A classic but modern tale of sex, love and manipulation.
- Valmont; male, very attractive, confident and selfish, 20s-30s
- Cecile; female, highly naïve, teens-20s
- Mme Volanges; female, Cecile's Mother, 30s-60s A
- zolan; male, Valmont's man servant, teens-60s
- Mme Rosemonde; female, Valmont's aunt, 40s-60s
- Emile; female, a courtesan, 20s-30s (mature role, comfortable with partial nudity)
A play about... books?
- Randy; male, charismatic talk show host; 20s-40s
- Jennifer; female, intelligent but modest, small-town girl, 20s-30s
- Mr. Booker; male, calmly frightening... and proud of it, 50s-60s
Note: Some characters or shows may be cast against the ages specified
Please prepare a short monologue or performance piece of NO LONGER than 1 minute in length. Actors may also be asked to read from the scripts. Auditions will be in small groups in half hour time slots. Please contact Ashleigh Millet with the information provided below to schedule an audition.
Auditions will be held at the BoarsHead Theater: 425 S. Grand Avenue, Lansing, Mich., 48933. Please bring headshots and/or resumes, if you have them!
Rehearsals will take place in the evenings; some rehearsals may have to take place late at night or early in the morning. Because of this, flexibility of schedules will be considered in casting.
Please bring any information you have about your schedule with you to auditions.
For questions, concerns or to schedule an audition time, please contact: Ashleigh Millet
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (828)702-1665